STEP 2-DEVELOP YOUR WHY, commitment and set your goals
Your “why” is your ultimate reason for joining Youngevity and building a successful business. Your “why” will be a source of inspiration for you and will carry you through your challenges and keep you moving forward in your successes.
DEVELOP YOUR WHY: What are you focused on achieving with Youngevity? What will change for you and how will that feel? (Examples: pay off credit card debt, money for retirement, flexibility to afford trips and vacations, tuition for children, more control of your time). You have to get clear on the question: “What's going to motivate me to work on my Youngevity business every day?”
Some questions that can help you determine your WHY:
- What do you absolutely love to do?
- What do you worry about, both now and about your future?
- What would you do with an extra $500 a month?
- If money were no object, what would your perfect day look like? Describe it in detail from morning until bedtime.
- My “Why” is:
To help inspire you, watch the Youngevity Betterment video here.
Develop Your STORY
Facts inform but stories inspire! Stories are memorable. Stories build belief. Stories allow others to come to their own conclusions and “sell” themselves by relating the possibilities to themselves. Your product and business story will become your most effective marketing piece when sharing Youngevity with others.
As you begin to get results, you will naturally want to share those results with others. Master one thing in this business: how to tell your story. Remember, your story has the power to inspire others!
Take the perspective of “Who can I help today?” when approaching people. When you focus on helping others instead of selling others, you will be more comfortable and confident when speaking to people.
YOUR STORY BASICS
- Never exaggerate – be sure your story is accurate
- Never over complicate your story – keep it short and simple
- Never state or imply that any Youngevity products cure, treat or prevent any disease
- Don’t give too much information
- Keep it to about 30 seconds and you will be able to share it anytime!
4 Basic Steps to Developing and Telling Your Product/Business Story
Step 1: What was going on in your life prior to finding Youngevity?
“I was _______ lbs overweight and couldn’t fit into my clothes. I was so frustrated.”
“I always felt tired and had a tough time getting through the day. I just didn’t have much energy.”
“I knew I wasn’t getting all the nutrients I needed in my busy, on-the-go lifestyle. I felt like there was another level of health I could achieve.”
OR, if Business Story
“Before finding Youngevity, I was really concerned about my financial future. I was in a dead end job and just didn’t have a plan to feel hopeful about where I was heading financially.”
“I was working yet never felt like I could get ahead. I knew I needed another source of income so I could pay off debt and create savings.”
Step 2: How did you hear about Youngevity?
- “My friend Sue from work told me about Youngevity and their 90 for Life nutrition. She said it helped her sleep better and have more energy.”
- “I was introduced by Youngevity to my brother Tom who thought I could benefit from the products.”
- “Our neighbor said Youngevity’s line of pet products could really help our dogs live longer, healthier lives.”
Step 3: What action did you take and what were your results?
- “I‘ve been using Youngevity’s FitShake for 2 months now and have lost 20 lbs. My clothes are loose on me now and I have so much more energy than I ever imagined.”
- “All I did was put on the Mialisia jewelry whenever I left the house. I got compliments and was asked where I got it.”
- “I’ve been using these 90 for Life products for 3 months now and have noticed that I sleep better and my blood sugar levels are back to normal!”
OR, if Business Story
When it’s applicable, share your business story: “I got excited about the Youngevity products and just felt it was natural to share them with other people. I’ve been sharing Youngevity with others now for 5 months and have made some great extra money in my spare time. Creating another income source has been a great stress reliever!”
Step 4: Where are you headed now?
- “After losing this weight, I’m looking for people who want to do the same.”
- “I now see how I can pay off debt and save for my children’s college education. Do you know anyone who might want to create another stream of revenue?”
- “All I do is share these great essential oils and jewelry with people and the company pays me when someone orders. It’s great! Let me know if you know someone….”
Tell Your Story – Put it in Writing
(and practice with your upline support team!)
- What was going on in your life prior to finding Youngevity?
- How did you hear about Youngevity? Who introduced you to Youngevity?
- What product(s) did you start using, for how long and what has been your experience/result?
- Where are you headed now? What is the vision for your Youngevity business?
Commit to Your Youngevity Business
Being consistent and persistent in your actions is one of the most important concepts to understand to achieve your goals. Your daily activities will define your success over time so the key is to make the commitment upfront, stay focused on your why, and take action each day.
Set Some Goals
- I will earn my first $100 with Youngevity, through Quick Start and other bonuses, by: __________ (within your first month)
- I will get to the rank of Senior Associate by: __________. (within your first full calendar month)
- My monthly income goal with Youngevity in the next 90 days is $ __________.
- I will earn my first $1000 and earn the rank of 1 Star Executive by: __________(within your first 90 days)